Running rich

Questions and suggestions about the forum and club, not about your scoot.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, Tony

Running rich

Postby twigger » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:29 pm

Help please !!
I have just fitted a SIP road 2 to my Star 125 2t and on recommendation changed my jets to :-
BE5

48-100
Org jets were
E3

40-130
Lots more power but seem to be running rich ....any suggestions please
twigger

Scooter: Star 125 2t

Re: Running rich

Postby Bowcastle » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:41 pm

I have SIP Road 2 on my 125 2T - I'm running with a 102 main jet which has been giving chocolate/tan plugs and I'm very happy with the performance - especially now I've set the mixture screw correctly.
Mine was running rich at first and felt boggy at lower revs until it felt like it hit a power band then it took off well - but after turning the mixture screw in half a turn in total I was very suprised at the increase in performance. Much snappier take off at lower revs and smoother acceleration all the way through. Have you drilled the filter and taken the white mesh from inside from the filter?
Bowcastle

Scooter: LML 125 2T

Postby twigger » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Thanks for this,
No , I've not drilled yet (5mm ?) and I'm a bit confused about the filter some say remove the blue others say leave the blue and take the White inner off. Looking at the filter the white seems a bit flimsy,which would you recommend?
twigger

Scooter: Star 125 2t

Postby Bowcastle » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:36 pm

The drilling is as the pic below but I only done the smaller hole so far.
=original_vs_holes.jpg
=original_vs_holes.jpg (112.62 KiB) Viewed 2205 times

I read on this forum somewhere (but can't find it now) that drilling the larger hole can cause performance instability but I will probably give it a try and go up a jet size to see for myself. I just like to be methodical and change one thing at a time.
If you buy an original italian filter it just comes with the coarser blue mesh - the white is much finer and restrictive - fiddly to get out but I managed it with perseverence and needle-nosed pliers. Have you taken out the plastic air filter from under the seat?
Bowcastle

Scooter: LML 125 2T

Return to Using the Forums - Questions & Suggestions About The Forum