Introductions section?

Questions and suggestions about the forum and club, not about your scoot.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, Tony

Introductions section?

Postby Ginger Phil » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:24 am

A lot of forums have an Introductions section, is it worth having one on here as when I joined I didn't really want to make my first post in an already active topic? It kinda put me off posting for a while but when a forum has an Intro section it breaks the ice as rather than jumping straight in with a question or whatever you just introduce yourself and give a few details like name, age, location etc etc. :)

Once the formalities are out the way you can start posting crap like everybody else. :mrgreen:
Ginger Phil

Scooter: 2008 LML 2t

Re: Introductions section?

Postby jimmyboy » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:24 am

TBH Phil I had the same feelings about my first post so maybe when the forum is updated one might get added??

Jim.
jimmyboy

Postby ElbowNi » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:32 am

Guys why not go in on the "Show us your Scoot" section. as a introduction...?

I am a little concerned that with to many sections the site becomes confusing, and lets be honest both of you got over your shyness :)
ElbowNi

Scooter: Vespa VBB (Pinasco 177, Mazz circle crank, 24g carb, BGM 22t clutch, BigBox:
LML Star 150 with Sito+

Postby Ginger Phil » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Well my first posts were in Waynes scooter for sale topic so I didn't have a scooter to show at that time. :D

The Announcements section could merge with the Questions/Suggestions section to reduce the numbers.
Ginger Phil

Postby Mrk1967 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:09 pm

hi all, im mark, living in sutton coldfield, just brought an LML Star dlx 4T, apart from a few teething problems im loving it!!!
will be posting piccies as soon as i can figure out how, cheers!!
Mrk1967

Scooter: Lml star dlx 125 4t

Postby cammy-p » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi to all , new to this forum , looking forward to getting help and advice as time goes by ..
Just got my first ever scooter , lml , have to say its going to take a bit of getting used to , my last bike was a 1200cc suzuki bandit :shock: ..
Im rather taken aback by how slow the lml is esp on hills , seems rather gutless , i rem my 50cc twist and go having more guts at 17y old , well the power aside ive always wanted a scooter so far im having fun with it , just done its first 100miles , with only minor prob , it went on fire :? , managed to catch it on time ...
Well i hope to get some technical advice on how to make it go a bit faster , look forward to much banter and getting to know you folks ...
Pics to follow once i can get it to upload some ....cammy . ;)
cammy-p

Postby Ginger Phil » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello chap. :) You need to get it derestricted, there's a good guide here -- > http://www.lmlocgb.co.uk/workshop/lml-125-star-dlx/

I'm getting my one done tomorrow. :ugeek:
Ginger Phil

Postby Mr M » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:00 pm

If you like intros post one on Scooterboy world I shall be waiting :twisted:
Fucked if I know
Mr M

Scooter: Star dlx , 1981 PX , 1979 PX

Postby Administrator » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Hi Guys,

The subject of a Dating Agency board for LMLO's has been raised before. We originally hoped that the Profile Form on the Homepage would do this but it has not been so forthcoming as intended, partially because it is a bit like a form to fill in and every time we update the php software, we lose the Link from the Forums back to the Homepage (Gnash)

So taking recent comments on board (ha ha) we shall create a new board for Intro's - you know, Single Mum, Bubbly, GSOH, likes shiney LML's, attending Scooter Rallies (wet weekend in a tent, scooter pillion there & back) Cinema, Meals out and Nights in, etc etc.

As suggetsted, the Announcements & Events boards can be merged so as to keep the number of boards to a minimum.

Cheers, Paul
Administrator

Postby ElbowNi » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:29 am

How about merging it with the show us ur scoots section, you could then re-name it to "show us yours" or "Show us what you got" ;)
ElbowNi

Scooter: Vespa VBB (Pinasco 177, Mazz circle crank, 24g carb, BGM 22t clutch, BigBox:
LML Star 150 with Sito+

Postby Administrator » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Cheers Aaron,

I'll contact our Webmaster ASAP (Got another bloody exam at evening college on Monday 1st Nov and one the week after)

Paul
Administrator

Postby ElbowNi » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:03 pm

Man those exams must be coming to an end soon, aren't they?..
ElbowNi

LML Star 150 with Sito+

Postby Administrator » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi Aaron,

As soon as I've finished AutoCAD Inventor 3D Level 2, I have to enrol for Level 3, 3 more exams and then that's it. The trouble is I can pop the E's anytime and LML's keep pushing in (I'm revising now on my other PC)

Just checking-out Mark67's Scoot pics, all we need to do is add Intro's to the Board Title on "Show us yer Scoots", since the Header text (in red) already suggests, dis is de place - if you got de time.

Cheers, Paul
Administrator

Postby Ginger Phil » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:11 pm

But what if you join and don't own an LML like I did? ;)
Ginger Phil

Postby Administrator » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Well Phil,

Show us yer Scoot, dosen't specify LML's. If you check out some of the earlier posts, there are some L's & V's in there too. Alun has even shown us a pic of his recent new motorcycle (I wouldn't mind a BMW f650 GS if I could find a used one at the right price, local and I'd certainly post a one-off pic of it)

I know I'm interested in any form of Scooter albeit manuals are my preference. But I look at all Auto's, if only to check out their style & design and performance.

If any one's got or had a Bajaj Cheetak, I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that or just reading about it. They all make for a Topic of (Scooter Related) discussion.

I can enhance the wording a bit to read "Intro's and/or Show us. If you haven't got a Scooter, that doesn't matter because you wouldn't be here if you didn't dig the scene. Just say Hi and don't hesitate to ask any Scooter Q's" (In an appropriate Board) Or somat like that.

Hope this sorts it, but any further suggetions? Paul
Administrator

Postby Tony » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Paul

Ooooh Autocad..i feel your pain !!!! :(
Tony
Site Admin

Scooter: 2009 LML Via Toscana
1986 Vespa T5 Mk1
1982 Lambretta GP 200
1959 Vespa VBA 150