So....?

Non scooter related chit chat.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, Perth John, Ian-R

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed anywhere on this website in any form or by any means whatsoever. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership. You agree not to post any commercial advertising, commercial promotion, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “LML Owners Club Great Britain - Forums” is hosted or International Law. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

So....?

Postby Drum Pro » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:57 pm

Looking at the news, which I rarely watch, England is having a general election. What's the thoughts on the current prime minister? And which party do you think will win?
Drum Pro

Scooter: Buddy 170I and LML star (a.k.a. Stella) here in the U.S.

Re: So....?

Postby akalongster » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:15 pm

He's a w##ker.

He will win.

He will still be a w##ker.
akalongster

Scooter: LML 125 Auto
Tan and Ivory

Postby hippriest » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:22 pm

And, from what I read on my return, it may be Jimmy Crankie who sh*gs it for Wallace.

IMHO the worst thing that can happen is the above + everything staying roughly the same as the opinion polls at the moment ..... resulting in some chaotic "no overall majority" scenario with God knows what sort of unholy coalition of the Tories and some wacky bedfellows who aren't quite as compliant as Cleggy Boy has been.

Scenario B is that we all sort of do a collective Scottish referendum thing and conclude that things aren't (weren't) really that bad under The Devil You Know regime and squeak Flashman in on a thin majority.

TBH, I'm really conflicted: in the absence of Labour doing the thing they should have done many months ago (i.e. vote in a more electable leader) I'm left with the awful scenario of not voting, which vexes me sour.
Good things come to those who wait
........but sh*t pretty much turns up straight away.

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Scooter: LML Star 2T 125cc (re-badged as Vespa)

Postby marty r » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:17 am

Sturgeon thing in the(Tory) press - think Zinoviev letter.

Voting nowadays is for whoever will be least damaging to you and your class.

I'm not a wealthy man or a big corporate so voting for the Nasty Party is a big no. On the basis of bedroom tax, I will be Lab. If I were a Scot I'd be SNP. The fact the Milliband is not a consummate public performer and may, or not have two kitchens, is absolutely irrelevant.

Don't not vote. Go and spoil your vote if you can't choose.

Only good thing will be bye-bye LibDums.
“If you fight you won’t always win. But if you don’t fight you will always lose” Bob Crow.
marty r

Scooter: GP150
Star 125

Postby POS » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:56 pm

Who to vote for is now a bit of a nightmare to be honest, agree with the comment of voting for the party that will cost you the less grief. I don't really buy into the SNP thing as I believe that Sturgeon is a Salmond mini me and some of their ideas are just flights of fancy with no sound backing.
POS

Postby hippriest » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:40 pm

I think, Mr Pro, that after these encouraging comments you should at least be on first base by now. As such, I think a progress update is called for?

So c'mon....'fess up.
Good things come to those who wait
........but sh*t pretty much turns up straight away.

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Scooter: LML Star 2T 125cc (re-badged as Vespa)

Return to General Chatter