Those geek squad guys are good sales people

Non scooter related chit chat.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, Perth John, Ian-R

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed anywhere on this website in any form or by any means whatsoever. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership. You agree not to post any commercial advertising, commercial promotion, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “LML Owners Club Great Britain - Forums” is hosted or International Law. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

Those geek squad guys are good sales people

Postby Drum Pro » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:23 pm

So recently my computer needed a new hard drive as it was about 4-5 years old so instead of getting it fixed at a whopping $500. I decided to go ahead and spring for a new one for a couple of bens more. Got all the new bells n whistles too, like touch screen and 1 terabyte of memory, and the ability to transform into a tablet. Only problem: windows 8.1. It took me a night to figure out I can't play physical a dvd despite the built in dvd player/burner....
Should be good for the next 6 months before it's obsolete and windows 10 comes out. Kinda makes me feel like I should of paid more attention in computer class way back in 1989. Then maybe I'd know enough about computers to know when I'm getting the shaft.....
Drum Pro

Scooter: Buddy 170I and LML star (a.k.a. Stella) here in the U.S.

Re: Those geek squad guys are good sales people

Postby Mod-1979 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:36 pm

Windows 8 is terrible ...... much prefer Windows 95 :-)
But saying that, I'm a Mac OSX user :-)
Style before speed ....
Mod-1979

Scooter: 2009 Star Deluxe

Postby hippriest » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Same with me recently - had a 5+ year old PC running Vista & just needed an upgrade. I'd read all the Windows 8 horror stories and knew you can't buy a Windows 7 machine now unless it's old stock.

I did a bit of research and found this site, dunno if you've heard of it....it's called Ebay? Apparently some people make a half decent wedge selling stuff on there & you can get all manner of kit. ;)

I know that getting a PC is so unfashionable now, it's akin to buying a satin look shell suit, but some of us need them for their business and can't get on with all this screen finger swishing anyway - I usually have the swear box on hand when I'm on my smart phone or tablet, & I manage to fill it pretty quickly. Anyway, I bookmarked a few likely prospects & looked at feedback etc. I mailed this geezer on the basis that you can tell a lot about people's integrity by the speed and thoroughness of their reply....& if they phone you on request. He measured up on all these things so I took the plunge and bought one (outside of Ebay to save a few quid). A few weeks on & I'm well pleased, touch wood.

I don't have any vested interest with this guy, but wouldn't hesitate recommending him if anyone's in the market for some tech:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/computer_sell ... 7675.l2559

PS been a bit quiet lately as I've just got back from 10 days in Gran Canaria.....again. Just in case anyone had thought I'd sold my soul to FB (as if!)
Good things come to those who wait
........but sh*t pretty much turns up straight away.

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Scooter: LML Star 2T 125cc (re-badged as Vespa)

Postby NICK » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Swingers season already Steve?!..........
NICK
Site Admin

Scooter: 2006 LML 150 5 PORT (NON REED).Mint Green

Postby hippriest » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:12 pm

Absolutely, mate.

No, tell you what though.....we had a routine of stopping off at the last hotel we stayed at, as it had a far better pool than ours and was en route to the beach. Did that about 4 times, and there was always this Spanish semi-Yummy Mummy there with her two teenage daughters, possibly about 15, though I like to think of them as 17 for respectability's sake*. The one was a real stunner, with a very agreeable "hungry bum" bikini on. Now, I'm not usually very partial to the fuller arse, being more a fan of the Alexa Cheung / Keira Knightly type bod, but I had to make an exception for hers......she appeared out of the pool once and lay on her front with droplets of water covering her rump and I had to think of you with a thong on very quickly to stop any "gentleman's stirrings" ;)

I did conjure up the odd flashback later on in the evening though.......

(*legal note: for the purposes of propriety I can confirm via a conversation between my Missus and Yummy Mummy that both young ladies were apparently celebrating their 18th birthdays by way of this break in the sun). Honest.
Good things come to those who wait
........but sh*t pretty much turns up straight away.

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Scooter: LML Star 2T 125cc (re-badged as Vespa)

Postby NICK » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Sounds like an intro into one of my special films..........."Wet Hungry Arses Oiled And Gaped".......possibly........
NICK
Site Admin

Scooter: 2006 LML 150 5 PORT (NON REED).Mint Green

Return to General Chatter