Cynics Corner...........

Non scooter related chit chat.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, Perth John, Ian-R

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed anywhere on this website in any form or by any means whatsoever. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership. You agree not to post any commercial advertising, commercial promotion, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “LML Owners Club Great Britain - Forums” is hosted or International Law. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

Cynics Corner...........

Postby NICK » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:15 pm

How come every bank holiday/Christmas/half term, The National Lottery is a roll-over....................
NICK
Site Admin

Scooter: 2006 LML 150 5 PORT (NON REED).Mint Green

Re: Cynics Corner...........

Postby hippriest » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:17 am

The date 26th July 1987 sticks firmly in my mind - I recall distinctly that there wasn't a sale at DFS on that day ;)
Good things come to those who wait
........but sh*t pretty much turns up straight away.

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Scooter: LML Star 2T 125cc (re-badged as Vespa)

Postby NICK » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:59 pm

That was Christmas Day that year............
NICK
Site Admin

Postby hippriest » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:06 pm

No, Christmas day 1987 was the day that, for a period of 2 hours, Homebase had a set of 4 chairs and a dining table on sale at £249.99 - so that they can put a sticker on the set saying "previously on sale for £249.99" (now £124.99).

Even though it wasn't actually open.

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Postby NICK » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:09 pm

My mistake.It must be all the 2% carlsberg citrus i'm drinking at the mo........£1.09 for 4 at the local B&M store .......
NICK
Site Admin

Postby hippriest » Mon May 04, 2015 9:48 pm

My Missus just applied for the London Marathon next year. In a change to the usual arrangements, the ballot is open for 4 whole days.....not just till a certain number have applied (usually after just a day or so).

And guess what? They keep the £35 "application fee" and send you a crappy t-shirt compensation of you fail to get in.

Still, it all goes to charity, so that's alright then....except have you seen some of the salaries these top charity honchos are on?

Feckin' money for old rope or what?

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Postby NICK » Tue May 05, 2015 7:03 pm

They always want volunteers too............What do they do to earn these saluries and A) How can they justify it ..and B) Do they donate to charity?!...........
NICK
Site Admin

Postby hippriest » Wed May 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Unfortunately, charity has become big business & corporate-ised. I'm not saying for a minute that the foot-soldiers e.g your local charity shop managers are handsomely paid, but some at the very top are very highly rewarded, which sticks in the craw.

A street-level way of how it is now a "real" business is how most charity shops are staffed by fairly professional people, who cherry pick the designer labels & mark them up big style....meaning fewer bargains for me....bastards! This practice should be banned immediately, naturally ;)

There are many shops on my blacklist who I don't bother ever going into any more - Sue Ryder & St Richards hospice are 2 of the worst offenders. It's funny though, how there are quite big regional differences e.g Oxfam are one of the most expensive when taken as an average....though there are certain towns (not always the poorest) where they are quite reasonable.

Anyway, getting anal now - I could bang on about this sort of thing the way old school mechanics can about shimming and tolerances :D .

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Postby NICK » Thu May 07, 2015 9:15 am

Did someone mention anal?!..........................Think it's 12 thou for the inlet and 16 thou for your exhaust tappets on your Mini Metro Steve...
NICK
Site Admin

Return to General Chatter