America Trip Photos.

Non scooter related chit chat.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, Perth John, Ian-R

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed anywhere on this website in any form or by any means whatsoever. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership. You agree not to post any commercial advertising, commercial promotion, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “LML Owners Club Great Britain - Forums” is hosted or International Law. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

America Trip Photos.

Postby tipper » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:35 pm

Made a little video out of the photos I took during my trip across the U.S. If you like photos of a scooter on the side of the road and a fake dog in various locations then have a watch. If you dont......then dont.

The video features the one and only Robby and Graham Burbank who are both members on the other side of the pond.

https://youtu.be/rwb77-JS6bM
tipper
Site Admin

Re: America Trip Photos.

Postby NICK » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Made me smile again.(massive bull balls!) Brilliant memories i'm sure. Cheers
NICK
Site Admin

Scooter: 2006 LML 150 5 PORT (NON REED).Mint Green

Postby Lusciousthelock » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Cool trip! How much did it cost to send your scooter over?
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Postby tipper » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:50 pm

About a grand each way. I had an accident a few years ago and my compensation paid for it all.
tipper
Site Admin

Postby Lusciousthelock » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:56 am

An excellent use of funds then :D How many miles did you cover? That's a once in a life time kinda trip, awesome!
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:17 pm

It was either that or blow it all in the pub. just under 4,500 miles in 24 days,up mountains,through deserts,off roading and along a lot of very straight very boring roads !
tipper
Site Admin

Postby Johnny the Hubb. » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:52 pm

America on your scooter Matt.....Your friggin mad !!! But also a hero.
I see you still have the Reevu (they never did take off did they) Do you rate them mate.
Well done matt great photo's.
Johnny.
Johnny the Hubb.

Postby tipper » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:01 pm

I did a review of the Reevu here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8116&hilit=reevu

Ive been riding with it for a few years now and need to replace it after my crash in America. Its a great helmet but since I put my mirrors back on for my America trip (you have to have them by law over there) I have been using the mickey mouse mirrors more and the helmet mirror less.

I'm not sure if I will buy another Revvu or not, I wish Skully would hurry up and release their helmet.
tipper
Site Admin

Postby Mr M » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:30 pm

8-) What a fantastic thing to do Matt looks like you had a great time . One of those things we would all like to do but you have been and gone and done it well done .

Hope its done you good and you,re well .
Mark
Fucked if I know
Mr M

Scooter: Star dlx , 1981 PX , 1979 PX

Postby Robby » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:41 am

Matt!

I am surfing about today and just saw this!

I can now say I've been in a movie......one more something for the bucket list I guess.

Great job on the video and the music is perfect for the adventure you had, IMO..........Also, fun to relive the memory of following your blog.
Notice you have put many more photos in the video.

I think I mentioned to you I have traveled our Route 66 twice.....Chicago to the West coast with the same mission as you....take in as much of this country as you are able to using the old roads.
A lot of alone time.....good for the soul....but I am awed by your choice of vehicles for this.....I used my truck......but I was also in my own country.

Yet, I never considered you mad.......rather, brave and sure of yourself.....I was (and am) impressed......but I also was rather certain you would have minimal difficulty.
Not with the machine.....I always assumed it would solder on.

No, I believed you would have minimal trouble because, people, all people, really tend to want to help anyone doing something really outrageous, succeed......regardless of were they are from........I still have that belief in humanity at 65 years old.

And, you did succeed......I knew you would as soon as I met you.......and I probably had 25 folks reading your blog and discussing your trip.
You may not appreciate the fact that your journey impacted many folks.......and made a lot of them look into their inner selves and ask, 'Could I do that.....have I got the moxie?'

Anyways......hope you realize you are quite the inspiration to many......probably many more than you know.

It was fun to relive your adventure again.....nice job on the video.

Rob
Robby

Scooter: 2009 Stella 2t 150
LML Star 2t 150 on your side of the pond.

Postby p0stscript » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 am

Fantastic
p0stscript

Scooter: LML 125 DLX
Lambretta Li 125S
CPI Bravo 125

Postby tipper » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Robby wrote:Matt!

I am surfing about today and just saw this!

I can now say I've been in a movie......one more something for the bucket list I guess.

Great job on the video and the music is perfect for the adventure you had, IMO..........Also, fun to relive the memory of following your blog.
Notice you have put many more photos in the video.

I think I mentioned to you I have traveled our Route 66 twice.....Chicago to the West coast with the same mission as you....take in as much of this country as you are able to using the old roads.
A lot of alone time.....good for the soul....but I am awed by your choice of vehicles for this.....I used my truck......but I was also in my own country.

Yet, I never considered you mad.......rather, brave and sure of yourself.....I was (and am) impressed......but I also was rather certain you would have minimal difficulty.
Not with the machine.....I always assumed it would solder on.

No, I believed you would have minimal trouble because, people, all people, really tend to want to help anyone doing something really outrageous, succeed......regardless of were they are from........I still have that belief in humanity at 65 years old.

And, you did succeed......I knew you would as soon as I met you.......and I probably had 25 folks reading your blog and discussing your trip.
You may not appreciate the fact that your journey impacted many folks.......and made a lot of them look into their inner selves and ask, 'Could I do that.....have I got the moxie?'

Anyways......hope you realize you are quite the inspiration to many......probably many more than you know.

It was fun to relive your adventure again.....nice job on the video.

Rob

Rob your comments have made me well up and feel very proud thank you ! Next time I am over there I will definitely giving you a call for another ride.

Chapter 2 of the book is complete,soon you will be able to say you have been in a book and a film :D
tipper
Site Admin

Postby Laurie » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 pm

Matt,

Hey fella, ive just been browsing these lovely photos and what a way to do it! This sort of stuff is life changing and a really good way to find yourself. I so want to be there!

The yanks are generally an ok bunch and will applaud and help out anyone who is prepared to step outside of their shoes and tackle something unique such as this.
Ive often thought about doing "66" on a Harley just to say that I have done it but now I have seen this my thinking has changed. Amazing stuff what I am seeing here.

Matt please accept my sincerest congratulations on what is an amazing experience for you - something that will remain with you for life.

Any plans for any other trips?

Loz
Laurie,
Technical Advisor & Essential Running
LML Owners Club of Great Britain
Laurie

Scooter: 2003 Vespa PX200 in Baccarrat Green.
SIP Road 2, Drilled filter, 120 main jet & yep..it fly's!

Postby Drum Pro » Wed May 25, 2016 2:41 am

Did you ever come Los Angeles? I got the feeling that I missed ya rolling thru...
Drum Pro

Scooter: Buddy 170I and LML star (a.k.a. Stella) here in the U.S.

Postby tipper » Wed May 25, 2016 10:29 am

Drum Pro wrote:Did you ever come Los Angeles? I got the feeling that I missed ya rolling thru...

I ran out of time and ended the trip in SF in the end,it left me just enough time to get very very drunk the day before my flight back to New York.
tipper
Site Admin

Return to General Chatter