If we can allow foreign criminals here...

Non scooter related chit chat.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, Perth John, Ian-R

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed anywhere on this website in any form or by any means whatsoever. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership. You agree not to post any commercial advertising, commercial promotion, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “LML Owners Club Great Britain - Forums” is hosted or International Law. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

If we can allow foreign criminals here...

Postby marty r » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:55 pm

...why can't we allow this woman,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-36802749

and here's the online petition,

[url]https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-theresa-may-mp-the-government-to-put-aside-immigration-law-and-use-compassion-for-a-dying-mother?recruiter=33480614&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive
[/url]

You can also send a email to the new Prime Minister mayt@parliament.uk
It would be a fine humanitarian gesture for her to make...
“If you fight you won’t always win. But if you don’t fight you will always lose” Bob Crow.
marty r

Scooter: GP150
Star 125

Re: If we can allow foreign criminals here...

Postby mikey 69 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Hom much is this costing taxpayers? Did she know before her arrival ?
Whilst i agree it is not fair to send her back to die, if her own government wont allow her to have the medical care required for her survival, why should she stay
Despondant/provacative mikey
mikey 69
Site Admin

Scooter: LML 150 2011 "Dr Who"

LML 125 4t

Postby DapperDan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:58 pm

On my scale of injustices this one ranks fairly low. I don't mean to sound heartless, its an awful thing to happen for the poor woman but such is life.

There are far more evil things happening in the world. Give me a petition to sent bliar to the hague and I'll sign it. Or a petition to limit immigrants to the kind we actually need in terms of education and qualifications I'll sign that too. Even one to curb our increasingly invasive spying agencies or the governments war mongering and ties to saudi arabia, Erdogan and all the other shitehawks they regularly smooze with and I'll gladly sign those too. And wheres the petition for the disgraceful treatment of the sick and disabled in this country (with many of them pushed to suicide)? People dont seem to care about all those poor sods so its hard for me to have a lot of sympathy for this one particular woman. She didn't live and work here all her life and pay in to the system so why get preferential treatment just because she got sick whilst here?

I know its not what you want to hear but when it comes to petitioning the government I think we should pick our battles and focus on the things that actually count for something (for all of us and our country) instead of these ''feel good'' exercises.

Just an honest opinion even if I'm talking out of my arse ;)
DapperDan

Scooter: lml star 150 2t

Postby marty r » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:59 am

I'm afraid Bliar is never going to The Hague....
“If you fight you won’t always win. But if you don’t fight you will always lose” Bob Crow.
marty r

Scooter: GP150
Star 125

Postby Mr M » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:09 am

Should,nt even be an issue let her stay .
Fucked if I know
Mr M

Scooter: Star dlx , 1981 PX , 1979 PX

Return to General Chatter