Southern Rail game

Non scooter related chit chat.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, Perth John, Ian-R

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed anywhere on this website in any form or by any means whatsoever. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership. You agree not to post any commercial advertising, commercial promotion, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “LML Owners Club Great Britain - Forums” is hosted or International Law. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

Southern Rail game

Postby marty r » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:13 am

Here's a link to the Southern Rail Tycoon game...

http://games.ramjam.co.uk/srt/

Prevent the guards from boarding trains
Collect the fares
Get trains cancelled
Rake the profits in... :lol:
“If you fight you won’t always win. But if you don’t fight you will always lose” Bob Crow.
marty r

Scooter: GP150
Star 125

Re: Southern Rail game

Postby madmog » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:34 pm

madmog

Scooter: LML Star Via Toscana 125
Vespa P125X 210 Malossi
MZ ETZ 250

Postby Laurie » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:32 am

Trust me on this ...... I work for them.

Southern really are a poor excuse for a Train Operation Company. They are being backed by this dog-awful government and they are pulling all kinds of stunts to turn the public against the staff. The safety of how Southern run their railway and service is also very questionable.

My friend is a Conductor (who is a non Union member) and he was told by management that he will not be taking any trains into service. He explained that he was not involved in the strikes and that he was fit and well and waiting for his instruction. They refused him of 6 occasions and said you are all the same bacteria!

The shareholders are all greedy Tories and they have told the staff that they only want ticket sales now. They went on record and said "customer service is not important anymore - its all about profit". This will be until London Overground taker over all services within London. Outer London will be served by a new company when this franchise runs out.

Also - did anyone notice the government bail-out for 20 million?

This is the harsh truth so don't believe the crap in the daily arse wipes.

They are not called Southern Fail for nothing.
Laurie,
Technical Advisor & Essential Running
LML Owners Club of Great Britain
Laurie

Scooter: 2003 Vespa PX200 in Baccarrat Green.
SIP Road 2, Drilled filter, 120 main jet & yep..it fly's!

Postby marty r » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:14 pm

With you all the way here. It's never been about "improving service" as their corporate drones claim in the media. It's all about getting rid of Guards and jobs and they are being encouraged in this by DaFT. Being an older worker has few benefits but one of them is I would never be considered for a vacancy on what pass for railways today. :)

Re your mate, if that doesn't encourage him to unionise, what will!?

Good cartoon in Private Eye a few weeks back... poster on a station, "GUARDLESS TRAINS. Mind the gap between safety and profits". Very apt, i thought.
“If you fight you won’t always win. But if you don’t fight you will always lose” Bob Crow.
marty r

Star 125

Postby marty r » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:20 pm

I notice now that Mersey Rail is going to make 200 guards redundant when new OMO trains are introduced soon. Looks like guards will become a part of history in the same way that bus conductors, park keepers and library assistants have :cry:

It's called progress, apparently...
marty r

Star 125

Return to General Chatter