amazon prime...

Non scooter related chit chat.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, Perth John, Ian-R

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed anywhere on this website in any form or by any means whatsoever. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership. You agree not to post any commercial advertising, commercial promotion, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “LML Owners Club Great Britain - Forums” is hosted or International Law. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

amazon prime...

Postby DapperDan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:11 pm

...any good? I tried netflix and had a load of problems cos I use linux (wouldn't touch windows with a ten foot pole) and the content is a lot of rubbish anyway. So, been having a look at amazon prime and wondering if its worth the £79 a year or is it just as shite as netflix for content? Rip off Britain and all that. Would be handy for the Grand Tour when it comes along in the autumn but I dont really fancy paying that much if its the only programme I'll end up watching on it.
DapperDan

Scooter: lml star 150 2t

Re: amazon prime...

Postby WAYNE S » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:33 pm

I was discussing this with a collegue today who 'thinks' that you can pay monthly, pay as you go and it's not that expensive. Apparently you pay for amazon Video only and don't bother with the free postage on the amazon site. I haven't looked into it yet as i've had a lot on after work but my colleague also seemed to think that you get a month free. If thats the case I'm going to subscribe to it the month that the grand tour starts and cancel it once done.
WAYNE S

Scooter: LML 125 2T

Postby DapperDan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Interesting. Wasn't aware you could pay by the month. Think I'll go have another look. Thanks for that mate.
DapperDan

Postby Lusciousthelock » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:48 am

I'm also curious about this for the same reasons. I never did watch the new Top Gear since the presenters put me off. I know someone has got to bite the bullet, but I hate spam from these sites and the constant adverts and clickies also put me off. I bought an Amazon kindle when they first came out and quickly replaced due to the constant bombardment of Amazon spam.

Any alternative ways to watch?
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Postby WAYNE S » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:38 pm

WAYNE S

Postby DapperDan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:48 am

Nice find sir! been following the whole thing here https://www.reddit.com/r/TheGrandTour for a while now.

Definitely reckon I'll be going for the amazon monthly subscription come the autumn.
DapperDan

Postby Hugoagogo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:18 pm

They quite often have a £60 per year deal on. You can sign up for a month free trial and its a doddle to opt out so nothing to lose. The series on there are quite good, movies not so good though, no competition to Sky but then again look at the price in comparison.
Hugoagogo

Scooter: LML Star 2T

Postby WAYNE S » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:45 pm

I am curious know if it is possible to sign up for the free month once the last episode of 'the grand tour' has been shown, watch the whole season of episodes and then opt out before the subscription fee starts? I know you would have to wait a while till the last episode of the tour is on there but, surely it's an option if you don't want to watch anything else?
I've been paying a double subscription to Netflix and sky (multiroom) for quite some time as my daughter uses both in her room but i can't remember the last time that i switched Netflix on?
I don't mind the cash but i'm fairly certain that I wouldn't watch anything else bar Jezza and co on amazon and I hardly get the time to watch everything on catch up (with sky ) as it is?
WAYNE S

Postby Hugoagogo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:15 pm

If your daughter is a student you get a 6 month free trial and the £40 per year if you sign up in her name. That's what I did, well in my daughter's name, you get the idea! :D
Hugoagogo

Scooter: LML Star 2T

Return to General Chatter