Apparently I'm.....

Non scooter related chit chat.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, Perth John, Ian-R

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed anywhere on this website in any form or by any means whatsoever. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership. You agree not to post any commercial advertising, commercial promotion, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “LML Owners Club Great Britain - Forums” is hosted or International Law. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

Apparently I'm.....

Postby DapperDan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:56 pm

an oddball.

I was outside today tinkering with the scooter and an old skinhead buddy turns up for a yarn. Well, I like a bit of music while I'm working and had some 90's dance tunes banging out the stereo, ''what's that shite you're listening to?'' he says ''thats wankers music''. Now, I happen to like ''that shite'' cos thats the music that holds lots of great memories for me. I did love the whole clubbing thing, ''recreational substances'' and the seemingly endless supply of loose ladies an all that. Who wouldn't? As far as I'm concerned the 90's were the decade where great music hit its peak before all the dreadful crap that passes for music now slowly took over. Most of the 90's were one long party and it was fantastic. Not to mention the world seems to have gone to sh1t after 2000 as well but thats another story.

Made me wonder though, how is it frowned upon to like any kind of music outside of the accepted scootering playlist? I like a bit of northern, ska, soul etc but those days are long over and weren't part of my life that much anyway. Going to a scooter do or rally and hearing the same bloody music over and over and over again gets really annoying as well. It's one of the reasons I dont do those things anymore.

Its odd how these same people will happily jump on an auto and proclaim it to be the next best thing but everything else, the clothes and the music MUST stay the same lest you're seen as a bit of a deviant :lol:

Its a bit hypocritical to be a traditionalist and a progressive both at the same time but a lot of scootering folk seem to manage it just fine.

Not sure where I was going with this exactly. Yeah, hypocrites. That was it :roll:
DapperDan

Scooter: lml star 150 2t

Re: Apparently I'm.....

Postby Lusciousthelock » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:16 pm

You will find most "Scene" players will sell they're scooter's on the facebook page at 5yrs old with less than 1k miles on the clock! How much chrome do they want to stick on a 9hp scooter? Poor thing. I find the general scooter scene makes me feel quite sick to my stomach. No wonder most biker's ridicule scooterists. When they're dressed like tits holding up the traffic. And yes that was me that set fire to the hood of your Parker, take the bloody thing off it's summer!
-I guess that scene's not for me but I won't hold it against ya!

To me the scooter is a low tech tinker's dream. To be thrashed to death, rebuilt and thrashed again for total enjoyment of the owner. I like stories of adventures and high mileages and people that love the machine for what it is and the faults it has and how they overcome and improve they're machine. People that do they're own maintenance and better themselves for it. I hate people that take themselves too seriously (looking at you Harley riders). Not worried about the fashion, the music or living in the past. I ride bikes and scooters. Its all about the machines.

Do we choose what scene's we stick too? I have tattoo's and piercings. 20yrs ago I sported a lovely multi-coloured mohawk. I was never in a scene, just being me! I like heavy metal music, The prodigy, The carpenters... Erm...
I'm now a smartly dressed transport manager representing a multi-national company but at weekends the nose ring goes back in and I become me again. A month ago I was working on my Humber Sceptre, when I was asked to make a delivery to a friends house of a memory stick, since I was heading to Surrey to collect some parts. The memory stick contained wedding photo's for his wife (a posh photographer). I had on my black overalls, my steel toe capped boots and my biker jacket. It what was to hand, not a fashion choice. I turned up at the bemused woman's house and handed her the memory stick and went my merry way. Turns out I traumatised her! She phoned her husband to tell him a "Grunger" delivered the memory stick, believing it's was no way a professional courier should look and wanted to complain. I never considered myself a Grunger but maybe I am lol. Her husband had to phone and tell me how hilarious it was :shock:

Peeps, enjoy what you enjoy. The only person worth judging you is you! :D
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Postby hippriest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:14 pm

There's not much music I don't like.....except.....

Nearly everything on Kiss FM & similar commercial stations i.e. modern chart shyte that is 99% production & 1% "human".

Quite a bit of heavy metal (though I love AC/DC, Zepp & Motorhead)

Any opera with a wailing, high pitched female vocal. I can take most high-end cultural stuff, but draw the line at that.

Most country - though I love Johnny Cash, Hank Williams & a few others.

My heart is really in indie, dance, classic rock, chillout, reggae & Jazz ....that's my "go to" stuff.
Good things come to those who wait
........but sh*t pretty much turns up straight away.

(Rich Hall)
hippriest

Scooter: LML Star 2T 125cc (re-badged as Vespa)

Postby tipper » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:04 am

Lusciousthelock wrote:You will find most "Scene" players will sell they're scooter's on the facebook page at 5yrs old with less than 1k miles on the clock! How much chrome do they want to stick on a 9hp scooter? Poor thing. I find the general scooter scene makes me feel quite sick to my stomach. No wonder most biker's ridicule scooterists. When they're dressed like tits holding up the traffic. And yes that was me that set fire to the hood of your Parker, take the bloody thing off it's summer!
-I guess that scene's not for me but I won't hold it against ya!

To me the scooter is a low tech tinker's dream. To be thrashed to death, rebuilt and thrashed again for total enjoyment of the owner. I like stories of adventures and high mileages and people that love the machine for what it is and the faults it has and how they overcome and improve they're machine. People that do they're own maintenance and better themselves for it. I hate people that take themselves too seriously (looking at you Harley riders). Not worried about the fashion, the music or living in the past. I ride bikes and scooters. Its all about the machines.

Do we choose what scene's we stick too? I have tattoo's and piercings. 20yrs ago I sported a lovely multi-coloured mohawk. I was never in a scene, just being me! I like heavy metal music, The prodigy, The carpenters... Erm...
I'm now a smartly dressed transport manager representing a multi-national company but at weekends the nose ring goes back in and I become me again. A month ago I was working on my Humber Sceptre, when I was asked to make a delivery to a friends house of a memory stick, since I was heading to Surrey to collect some parts. The memory stick contained wedding photo's for his wife (a posh photographer). I had on my black overalls, my steel toe capped boots and my biker jacket. It what was to hand, not a fashion choice. I turned up at the bemused woman's house and handed her the memory stick and went my merry way. Turns out I traumatised her! She phoned her husband to tell him a "Grunger" delivered the memory stick, believing it's was no way a professional courier should look and wanted to complain. I never considered myself a Grunger but maybe I am lol. Her husband had to phone and tell me how hilarious it was :shock:

Peeps, enjoy what you enjoy. The only person worth judging you is you! :D

I agree with this,its why I no longer bother with 'the scene' its so cliched. The Americans have it right,its more about riding.
tipper
Site Admin

Return to General Chatter