massive spec t5 millenium , too cheap ?

Scooter or scene related stuff only please.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, Tony

Forum rules
A polite reminder taken from the full terms agreed to by each user at registration: "This is a public forum which is solely for use by members of the LML Owners Club of Great Britain. There is no commercial advertising or promotion allowed within this forum. Failing to comply with this request will lead to immediate disqualification of membership." The LMLOCGB do not profit from any sale made through this forum and take no responsibility whatsoever for the items or services listed in this forum. Thank you in advance of respecting our request."

massive spec t5 millenium , too cheap ?

Postby samtrowbridge » Thu May 08, 2014 11:11 pm

hi , i'm looking to sell my two scoots , what with my job and other interests they just aren't getting the use
i'm in westbury wiltshire

first up

my vespa t5 millennium

the engine spec
mallossi 172
mmw billet cylinder head
balanced and cut serie pro crank from sip
mallossi reed valve kit ( the latest one )
30mm oko carburettor
sterling r/h stainless exhaust fitted and will include a sito plus in good condition
engine rebuilt by scootopia of weston super mare approximately 100 miles ago , inlet was welded to incorporate the massive reed valve , then machined back and opened
new sip bearings , new sip seals , new piaggio gaskets , new cruciform , new brake shoes on the back , fresh oil .
sip fast flow tap
22 tooth clutch cosa 2 so the gearing has been upped by 10% ( however clutch does drag ever so slightly , not a massive amount but will get better with a few miles , drags next to nothing )
has the factory standard disc front end
sip digital speedo , all connected and functioning perfectly , the temperature lead could do with being run through the frame however functions perfectly , i will include the standard speedo which read just over 7000 from memory the sip speedo reads under 200 miles in total , shows trip computer , digital speed , cylinder head temperature and rev counter
sip chrome rims front and back
almost brand new michelin s1's front and back
cuppini front crash bars in very good condition , maybe the odd spec of corrosion , however never been down and come up perfect with a good polish , two sip yellow spot lights on
2 in 1 rear luggage rack , very very good quality , made by scootopia !
cuppini tinted screen

the bike has always been reliable and since the rebuild starts first kick !!

from standard the bike has been transformed , the bike is alot more eager at any revs despite being up geared and the bike now has a power band ! this starts at 5k revs and then takes off with no sign of stopping ! makes me smile

the bike is a genuine millennium , however has been professionally repainted grey in its life , looks very good however there are a few marks and imperfections that differentiate this from brand new , a very good condition bike but just being honest. choke lever is not connected , the choke is a pull up type on the carb , however doesn't require choke to start. the bike is also premix so the oil tank has been removed , the gap this left is covered by a mallossi sticker

taxed and mot''d for ten months or more but i'll have to double check

i would hate to add up all i have spent making the bike what it is , but i think £1500 is the minimum i would except , is this cheap , too cheap or expensive ?

cheers sam

samtrowbridge

Scooter: t5 millenium
lml 150 4t
dragster 172cc 90mph :)
dragster 50cc 50mph :(

Re: massive spec t5 millenium , too cheap ?

Postby Dave » Fri May 09, 2014 5:47 am

That is very cheap.

If I had a spare £1500 kicking about I would have told you that is top dollar for a scoot like that and picked it up this evening :D I love them reedvalve Malossi T5 engines. I got GPS'd 88mph out of mine the day it blew up, and there wasn't much that could touch it away from the lights 8-)

Standard Milleniums go for nearer £2000. You've got a very high spec engine there. The only down side I can see is that the average punter for a bike with that spec engine wouldn't want crash bars and a screen so probably reducing your market a bit. It's a shame they are drilled bars. The clutch drag although not a major problem is still a problem and any problem reduces the value of something by far more than the cost of fixing it.

I reckon at least £1800 - £2000 as it is, nearer £2500 on e-bay if you get the clutch sorted.

Having given it some thought I'll swap it for my T5 classic with LML engine, Polini 177 kit, knackered seat and several scratches :lol:
Dave

Scooter: Vespa with Malossi 210 engine

Postby NICK » Fri May 09, 2014 11:53 am

Try the £2k touch and come down.Tis the time of year for selling too.Cheers
NICK
Site Admin

Scooter: 2006 LML 150 5 PORT (NON REED).Mint Green

Postby glscoot » Fri May 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Fix the clutch and remove all the accessories (sell separately) and your scooter will still sell for £2k and if you get a haggler use the accessories to keep the price at £2k, but not all of them.
Put it on other sites, ebay is too expensive now. scooter trader, gumtree, Facebook even your local rag. Couriers charge £125 to deliver to mainland britain.

i would pay £1500 if I had it.
gary
glscoot

Scooter: LML star

Postby mikey 69 » Fri May 09, 2014 1:38 pm

minimum 2k if still registered as a 125cc as for some reason people think it is ok to ride a 200 registered as a 125
take all the chrome off and sell separate
if it is still £1500 then I will take it ;)
mikey
mikey 69
Site Admin

Scooter: LML 150 2011 "Dr Who"

LML 125 4t

Postby Bristol Boy » Fri May 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Looks like a smart scooter mate, whats wrong with the clutch then ?
Bristol Boy
Bristol Boy

Scooter: :-)

Postby samtrowbridge » Fri May 09, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi guys , cheers for your input , so at £1500 it should be a cracking buy for somebody!

The clutch is not bad at all , its just mentioning it really , the clutch is very light on the lever , however there is occasionally a slight bit of resistance changing gear : nothing to worry about ,

It is still registered as a 125 so it would be up to the new keeper to update that :)

Unfortunately i have had someone offer £1200 , :/ , i don't know what to say about that , but don't take the piss comes to mind :/
samtrowbridge

lml 150 4t

Postby Dave » Sat May 10, 2014 8:02 am

Tell them to do one.
Dave

Scooter: Vespa with Malossi 210 engine

Postby Bristol Boy » Sat May 10, 2014 9:01 am

Sam, so what do the clutch need then, does it need replacing or a few more miles to bed in, would you be able to fix it, also in the 4th picture is that the speedo cable hanging down ?. Is the body work in good condition ?
Bristol Boy
Bristol Boy

Scooter: :-)

Postby samtrowbridge » Sat May 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi , the clutch is a sip cosa 2 ( expensive and up gears by 10% as it is a 22tooth rather then 20 ), it was put in and setup by scootopia of weston super mare ( brilliant people ) , From memory the clutch plates were to thick , so after a bit of use it will be perfect , the lever is seriously light and a nice clutch . It is not causing any issues however it is just an observation as the rest of the bike is spot on . There is the smallest of resistances to change gear , next to nothing . The bodywork is generally very tidy i think ,
samtrowbridge

lml 150 4t

Postby samtrowbridge » Sat May 10, 2014 2:37 pm

Also when the pictures were taken i was experimenting with digital speed sensors on both bikes . However these were useless , so i have now renewed both bikes worm drives , speedo cables and fixings , this is now proving to be perfectly reliable
samtrowbridge

lml 150 4t

Postby samtrowbridge » Sun May 11, 2014 11:02 pm

No longer availible
samtrowbridge

lml 150 4t

Return to LML - Buy & Sell