Mid Life Crisis

If you are new; post here first, introduce yourself and maybe show us some photos of your scoot.

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer

Forum rules
Please note: Each new Submission should be in a New Topic and not a follow-on from the previous one, unless showing a similar Scooter Feature.

Also a brief "hello" if you would like to BUT PLEASE STILL COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE PROFILE FORM ON THE WEBSITE so that your Intro stays on topic and is personal to you, just like your Scooter!

Mid Life Crisis

Postby LeeG » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Hello to the forum.
I've got my new toy at last.
It's been 34 years since I blew up my PK50, now I am back on two wheels.
The proud owner of a Last Run 125, now I just have to remember how to stay upright, and learn how to look after this one.
Will probably be back with some stupid questions for all you experienced scooterists, please be patient!!!!!
LeeG

Scooter: LML Star 125 Last Run

Re: Mid Life Crisis

Postby mikey 69 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:49 am

Howdy doody and welcome along
Mikey
mikey 69
Site Admin

Scooter: LML 150 2011 "Dr Who"

LML 125 4t

Postby NICK » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:54 pm

Bonjour from Cornwall!
NICK
Site Admin

Scooter: 2006 LML 150 5 PORT (NON REED).Mint Green

Postby Lusciousthelock » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Welcome fellow last run owner! Just a couple of heads up. Check those gear cables at the gearbox end (mine were loose and came out after 300 miles) and hows your clutch? Quite a few of us have had dodgy clutches from the dealer as standard.

It's a great scoot, once the niggles are sorted!
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Postby LeeG » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Lusciousthelock wrote:Welcome fellow last run owner! Just a couple of heads up. Check those gear cables at the gearbox end (mine were loose and came out after 300 miles) and hows your clutch? Quite a few of us have had dodgy clutches from the dealer as standard.

It's a great scoot, once the niggles are sorted!

Cheers.

Not sure on the clutch.
Don't know if its me getting used to it, the clutch needing to wear in or just a dodgy clutch.
Hill starts are very difficult, either stalling or wheelying away, seem to have to creep away on normal starts.
Only been 2 weeks, so will see if it improves or needs taking back for a look.

I will have a check of all nuts bolts and cables soon, it will give me an idea of what goes where as well.

I hope to start being able to do some basic maintenance myself, but don't want to void the warranty by touching things I shouldn't.
Just looking should be ok for now :D
LeeG

Scooter: LML Star 125 Last Run

Postby Lusciousthelock » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Yep, that wheeling away is the clutch issue. I managed to ride like that for 1500 miles but to be honest, hill starts were dangerous. Bought a cheap clutch for £13 on ebay from India (Most scooter parts from there are shocking quality). Soaked the whole thing in gear oil overnight and then fitted within 45mins. It's a transformed machine! Think I'm up to around 600 miles on it now? Dunno, speedo cable issues now lol. :D
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Return to Introductions: A Quick Hello