LMLItalia advertising prices

For special offers, products and services.

Moderators: Geezer, Tony

Forum rules
Strictly only to be used for Special Offers, Products and Services which are specific to LML's (and Vespa's where interchangeable). Members are also invited to submit any similar details of Dealer Offers that they are aware of - or contact the Dealer directly and inform them of this forum.

LMLItalia advertising prices

Postby ElbowNi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:32 pm

ElbowNi

Scooter: Vespa VBB (Pinasco 177, Mazz circle crank, 24g carb, BGM 22t clutch, BigBox:
LML Star 150 with Sito+

Re: LMLItalia advertising prices

Postby tipper » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Trying to get rid of all their old stock.
tipper
Site Admin

Postby Ally » Wed May 15, 2013 10:02 pm

These changes in force yet? Don't look much cheaper in the shops
Ally

Postby ElbowNi » Thu May 16, 2013 9:23 am

I dont know if the UK is bound by this as MotoGB are the importers not LML Italia. I would just ask the dealer the question, if you are looking to get one!
ElbowNi

Scooter: Vespa VBB (Pinasco 177, Mazz circle crank, 24g carb, BGM 22t clutch, BigBox:
LML Star 150 with Sito+

Postby LML UK » Thu May 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi All

As you probably all know there was an element of confusion as to who would take over the mantle of distribution of LML in the UK!
We had approached LML Italia the then European Distributor late 2012 - negotiations were tense to say the least and we chose not to pander to their rather excessive demands - however we were offered stock at reduced prices which we chose NOT to buy (2009 and 2010 manufacture)
I can assure you that these are distress sales of old units and as such we at MotoGB WILL honour warranty at the manufacturer level, as we will for all other units pre MotoGB.
LML Owners can rest assured that any relevant part(s) failing due to faulty manufacture or materials within two years of registration then the PART will be provided free of charge.
Any labour element must be provided by the supplying dealer/importer/LML Italia.
To clarify, MotoGB will NOT pay for labour for units that they did not provide - should you wish to debate this point then I am more than happy to do so!

Many thanks
MotoGB
LML UK

Scooter: Lots!

Postby tipper » Thu May 16, 2013 6:08 pm

So if a scoot was bought when Barrus were at the helm has issues the dealer has to claim the parts from Moto GB but the labour costs from Barrus ?
tipper
Site Admin

Postby LML UK » Mon May 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Tipper

May have covered this in other posts....

Frequently a manufacturer will not directly cover warranty costs, mainly smaller manufacturers - possibly because an additional level of infrastructure is required to process claims, frame number, end user, service history etc.

Instead they wish to leave this to the importer to 'manage' and offer an over-riding discount instead, usually 2-5% from the cost price (smaller manufacturers simply put two extra machines into the container to cover warranty claims!).

So if a manufacturer buys 1,000 machines at $1,000 then he could have a discount of $50,000 to cover warranty claims AGAINST THOSE UNITS, not past or future!

EP Barrus have had all their discount and now that they don't have the brand THEY WANT TO KEEP THE DISCOUNT!

Now in fairness the real culprit may be LML Italia who may have swallowed the discount and also not pass it on to Barrus - but really that should not be a burden for MotoGB - the responsibility is firmly at the front door of EP Barrus and Ian Cordes their Warranty Manager (failing that, Alex Callan - Sales Manager who may have misrepresented the warranty arrangements - sorry Ian and Alex but your cavalier attitude is sticking in my gullet right now !!!).

As I have said before and so many times, we will not see an end user suffer the parts cost (unless it is wear and tear or negligence etc)

Please Guys (and Gals) give us a break, we are NOT the bad guys here!

Thanks
Mr MotoGB

Sorry that MotoGB don't want to pay the labour.... They are willing to cover with the help of LML India the parts
LML UK

Postby tipper » Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm not having a go at anyone I am just trying to work out how a scooter that I bought with a two year parts and labour warranty now only has a two year parts warranty.
tipper
Site Admin

Postby LML UK » Mon May 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi Tipper

I know you are not having a go !

I am just striving to let you guys know where we are and how the land lies - remember this - I am a consumer too!

Thanks for all your help

Mr MotoGB
LML UK

Postby tipper » Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 pm

I've contacted Barrus to see if they will honor the warranty as the original contract was with them.
tipper
Site Admin

Return to LML - Dealer Board