Just wont start

Everything for those who like to "twist and go".

Moderators: Geezer, tipper, Tony, Administrator

Just wont start

Postby akalongster » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:08 pm

OK, full charged battery (original). Turns over, but just wont start. Checked all the connections, but dont really know where to go from here. Read threads and people talk about replacing the battery (which I could do), but also about checking the spark - I dont even know where the spark plug is, pretty useless I know.

So I am after any suggestions on what to do next, where to find the spark plug, and how to check it for a spark once I have found it! Any advice greatly appreciated.
akalongster

Scooter: LML 125 Auto
Tan and Ivory

Re: Just wont start

Postby bob » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:45 pm

Is there a kick start on the auto or just electric?
bob

Scooter: 150 5-port LML Star
Yamaha Passola SE
James SC4 150cc
Piaggio Zip 125 4T in bits

Postby LancsLad » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Mine died on me at six in the morning on the way to work after hitting a bump, absolutely chucking it down, had to push it back home, all the electrics were fine, would turn over but not fire, wouldn't kick either, whipped the seat and engine cover off and the manifold had come away from the engine, loosened the clips refitted, then re tightened the clips and fired up first time. Might be worth having a look at, have you got the pdf of the workshop manual?
LancsLad

Scooter: Vespa PX 125

Postby New to this game » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Would be interested to know if you got to the bottom of this?
My wife's has been garage stored for 4 months ,came to start it ,no spark ,not the spark plug ,could the coil have gone down
Don't know these scooters so it looks like a lot of wire chasing for me.
Oh yeah it took me 15 min to find out where the spark plug was on hers
New to this game

Scooter: Lml 125 4t

Postby LancsLad » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Any update on these, mine's in the garage at the minute, had my carb stripped and cleaned, tank drained, pump filters and fuel lines cleaned, mechanic still can't get it to start, I'm thinking ecu?
LancsLad

Postby LancsLad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:43 pm

Mechanic's had mine in now for a month, can't get to the bottom of the issue, bike starts and runs for short runs, 5 / 10 miles, then after stopping won't start again at all for a couple of days, I've ordered a new ecu, hopefully that will make a difference.
LancsLad

Postby nige b » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:49 pm

what was the problem? presuming its running now
nige b

Scooter: lml

Postby LancsLad » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 am

Don't know, got rid of it last October, was in the mechanics for 5 weeks, fitted a new Ecu which lasted for less than a month, then it was 4 months back in the mechanics garage, trying everything before going to Lml head office, they said it was a faulty Ecu cable, the day I got it back I traded it in against a brand new Vespa Px. The auto was absolute shite, It spent more time in the garage than on the road, I wouldn't have one given.
LancsLad

Return to LML 4 Stroke - Auto / Twist and Go Scoots