Motor Cover Removal — idling wire

Everything for those who like to "twist and go".

Moderators: Geezer, tipper, Tony, Administrator

Motor Cover Removal — idling wire

Postby SRV » Tue May 03, 2016 7:27 pm

Hello.

I like to remove the black cover under the seat to check connections to the carb, fuel tank etc.
BUT: What to do with the wire which controls the idling (German: Standgas)?
Does anyone know how to remove it? It leads right through the black cover …

The wire which controls the idling is right near the cap of the fuel tank …

Greetings !!!
Last edited by SRV on Tue May 03, 2016 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SRV

Scooter: LML CVT AUTOMATICA

Re: Motor Cover Removal — idling wire

Postby B31 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Hello SRV
I advice you to get this done by your LML dealer : do you need to check the hose that I mentioned on a previous post on this forum ?
B31

Scooter: LML 125 Automatic

Postby SRV » Tue May 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Thanks B31 !!!

I managed to lift up the motor cover a bit so i saw the hose at the carb you are talking about. For my scoot is rather new (build in End 2015) LML added a small metal clamb to fix the hose in a save place away from the carb. What’s funny is that on my scoot the hose was NOT applied to this clamb :roll:

But the reason for me to check the area around the carb was
that I thought yesterday when I came home from a ride
that I was sniffing some gasoline in my garage.
So I checked all the connections to the fuel tank, carb etc.
But I found nothing unusual — nothing leaked etc.

I saw in a thread here in the forum, that someone cut the rubber ring which is placed around the idle wiring — perhaps in order to stick it with the wire through the cover. Should work …

in this pic you can see the cut in the rubber ring … (ignore the red arrow)
SRV

Postby B31 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:51 am

In US, LML are renamed Stella and because of many more emission norms they add additional parts under the saddle near the idle screw
B31

Postby B31 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:52 am

So the last picture you show with the red arrow comes from a Stella scooter in USA and do not concern European auto LML's
B31

Postby B31 » Wed May 04, 2016 6:03 am

SRV wrote:Thanks B31 !!!

I managed to lift up the motor cover a bit so i saw the hose at the carb you are talking about. For my scoot is rather new (build in End 2015) LML added a small metal clamb to fix the hose in a save place away from the carb. What’s funny is that on my scoot the hose was NOT applied to this clamb :roll:

)

Be very careful : this little hose has to be well put in place , the original Indian metal clamb is not enough , have a cable tie added....
B31

Postby SRV » Wed May 04, 2016 8:26 am

B31 wrote:So the last picture you show with the red arrow comes from a Stella scooter in USA and do not concern European auto LML's

Oh yes i realised that, i used the pic just to show the cut in the rubber ring of the idling cable …
SRV

Postby SRV » Wed May 04, 2016 8:27 am

B31 wrote:
SRV wrote:Thanks B31 !!!

)

Be very careful : this little hose has to be well put in place , the original Indian metal clamb is not enough , have a cable tie added....

Oh thanks for that, I’ll have another try this evening !!!
SRV

Postby B31 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:00 pm

SRV
I advice you to have this made by your LML dealer , as your scoot is still Under warranty...
B31

Postby SRV » Wed May 04, 2016 1:37 pm

Yes you’re right B31 but if sbd like to check the spark plug on his/her scooter it shouldn’t affect the warranty i.m.o.. In germany we have two different kinds of »warranty«. The first one is from the dealer (by law: One year — Gewährleistung) and the other is from the manufactor (Free to choose by the manufactor — LML grants two years).

For i received an owners manual in which is described how to check the spark plugs and so on i think it’s ok for me to do that on my own — at least I hope so … :roll:

An now: I Got it sorted … was too scary to go for it yesterday — don’know why … there is at least a small cut in the rubber ring around the idle cable. If you recocnise it the rest is easy to do … just disassemble the ring and the cable goes through the cover easily …

some pic I made today:

view from the right side: Wires sorted

The »hose« — looks little funny here but for there is some movement here when the scooter is running/deflecting i left it as it was — should be no problem. I also checked and tensed the accelerator cable.

View from top — cover removed. Under the black hood there should be the spark plug.

View on the carb with the nice DElLoRto-Logo.

and the last: Detector on the exhaust (Lambda I think). This must be a rather warm place during the ride … :x

Greetings !!!
SRV

Postby B31 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Nice pictures , thanx

not very simple to understand , so many parts and hoses !

Check the hose clamp I mentionned last year , it must be very well attached..if 1 day you feel less speed pace and difficulties to speed up , il will come not from the carb but from a bad attached hose
B31

Postby B31 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:55 pm

It's not normal to have "mouvement "of the hose you just mentionned..replace the indian original clamp by a cable tie ( stronger)
B31

Postby B31 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Change this clamp ( little stuff supposed to have the hose well attached ) below by a cable tie

This hose should not move and leave its support..if it happens , you lose speed and your LML can stall..
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (78.36 KiB) Viewed 6274 times
B31

Postby SRV » Wed May 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Aah I see what you mean …

But if you compare the pathway the cable takes alongside the carb you notice that
in your case the cable goes BEHIND the acceleration cable (near to the mechanics of the carb) …
in my version the cable is lead IN FRONT OF the acceleration cable (so I think it cannot disturb the carbs mechanics) …

:oops: HOPE I’M RIGHT :?
SRV

Postby B31 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:49 pm

I'm not LML auto minded enough to answer ..anyway , my auto works very well ..what about yours ?
B31

Postby SRV » Thu May 05, 2016 10:34 am

Mine is running good (180 km on the speedo),
but yesterday i got a flat on my ride … the curious thing is that the whole in the tube is on the side of the tire not at the bottom.

I wonder how this can be :shock:

I put a spare tube in and today I gonna ride a little … I am looking forward to take part in a little scooter »corso« on saturday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have fun !!!
SRV

Postby SRV » Thu May 05, 2016 10:34 am

Mine is running good (180 km on the speedo),
but yesterday i got a flat on my ride … the curious thing is that the whole in the tube is on the side of the tire not at the bottom.

I wonder how this can be :shock:

I put a spare tube in and today I gonna ride a little … I am looking forward to take part in a little scooter »corso« on saturday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have fun !!!
SRV

Return to LML 4 Stroke - Auto / Twist and Go Scoots