LML Scooter without Spark Fire

Everything for those who like to "twist and go".

Moderators: Geezer, tipper, Tony, Administrator

LML Scooter without Spark Fire

Postby Fausti » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Hello dear LML Owners,
my name is Chris, I'm from Munich and I'm driving a LML Star automatic build in 2014 with roundabout 5000km
So far, in german Scooter forums nobody was able to help fixing my problem, that's the reason why I would like to ask you for your advice. It looks like there is a much bigger LML Communitiy in the UK than in Germany.
One day I was driving my Scooter, everything worked fine but the next day, it won't start again. I tried kick starting and battery powered starting but it won't run. The electrical part looks fine (lights, horn, indicators) but the engine didn't start, even with starting pilot.
I removed the spark plug for checking spark fire but there was no spark fire :cry: .
Then I checked the kill switch (measured with an multimeter) which is ok, I checked all the cable connectors underneath the fenders (I disconnected them and checked visually for corrosion), I measured the resistance of the pickup coil (directly at the coil: 100 Ohm), I replaced the spark plug and I replaced the ECU by a new one. But nothing works :( . As a next step, I would like to swap the Ignition coil and cable but I couldn't find a online shop yet, were theses part's are on stock.

Do you have any ideas how to get my spark fire back?

Many thanks in advance an best regards from Munich
Chris
Fausti

Scooter: LML Star 125 4T automatic build in 2014

Re: LML Scooter without Spark Fire

Postby nige b » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:35 pm

might it be the spark plug cap loose
nige b

Scooter: lml

Re: LML Scooter without Spark Fire

Postby Fausti » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Hello nige,

thank you for your idea, I checked the spark plug cab but it looks normal and is tight.
Now I even replaced the Ignition Coil and cable but there is still noch spark fire - I'm dissappointed :roll:

Any other idea's?

Best regards
Chris
Fausti

Scooter: LML Star 125 4T automatic build in 2014

Return to LML 4 Stroke - Auto / Twist and Go Scoots