Last Run Machines

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, mikey 69

Last Run Machines

Postby Bowcastle » Sun May 01, 2016 6:34 pm

With last month being the last time 2 stoke LML's were imported into UK due to EU emission laws I was wondering if Vespa PX's will also be having a 'last run' for the same reason..? There doesn't seem to be any sign that they are about to stop, and I wondered if anyone could explain why this might be..?
Bowcastle

Scooter: LML 125 2T

Re: Last Run Machines

Postby tipper » Sun May 01, 2016 6:58 pm

Because they have just released their 4 grand anniversary edition. They will probably change the badges and add another couple of hundred quid for their last load of 2ts.
tipper
Site Admin

Postby Bowcastle » Tue May 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Yeah I know what you mean - nice looking machine but way overpriced - personally tho I think the two tone LML's are the best looking new scooters on the market by far - wish I knew how to put images in here
Bowcastle

Scooter: LML 125 2T

Postby B31 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello from Paris

PIaggio released a special limited edition of the PX called "70 years " in specific colors : light blue and grey but much overpriced due to the 2 poor 70 badges on the glovebox and the saddle.(4099€).

I was told last week by a big PIaggio dealer who has a black PX 125 in his showroom that this model production would stop by the end of the year because of Euro emission laws.
B31

Scooter: LML 125 Automatic

Postby nige b » Wed May 04, 2016 11:39 pm

if vote out, will 2 strokes be reprieved?
nige b

Scooter: lml

Postby Lusciousthelock » Thu May 05, 2016 3:33 pm

I doubt it. I think the legislation may actually get worse. It would be nice to go it alone and have to face 1950's Export or die mentality to increase manufacturing production and to have something- anything proudly made in the UK again!
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Postby marty r » Thu May 05, 2016 7:55 pm

Lusciousthelock wrote:It would be nice to go it alone and have to face 1950's Export or die mentality to increase manufacturing production and to have something- anything proudly made in the UK again!

Nice idea but sadly it ain't gonna happen. Our industrial capacity has been largely destroyed (coal, steel, manufacturing etc) machines either sold to india/china or broken and scrapped. We're gonna have to live with the consequences of the politicians who thought we could all prosper by selling each other money or coffee :(

Still Cameron, Corbyn and Clegg want us to remain in EU, so if ever there was a better reason to vote out I don't know it! :lol:
“If you fight you won’t always win. But if you don’t fight you will always lose” Bob Crow.
marty r

Scooter: GP150
Star 125

Return to General Discussion - Scooter related