Last Run problems and questions

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, mikey 69

Last Run problems and questions

Postby Jez123 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:24 pm

Hi, I've been on this forum a bit over the last few days. I still seem to have a snatchy clutch problem after I've changed the gearbox oil, it's putting me off riding it.
I love the look of the scooter, so I guess once I've got the teething problems sorted out then it will be great fun to ride.
Last edited by Jez123 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jez123

Scooter: LML 125 2T Last Run

Re: Last Run problems and questions

Postby rob h » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:42 pm

When you have a scooter snag, it can drive you to despair. This lml clutch snatch is covered in many posts on this and other sites. Some say it is the clip in the clutch cover that snags, changing to a vespa cover and spring clip cures it. I would search engine lml clutch snatch. I run a cosa vespa clutch in mine, and it is as smooth as any of the vespas I have owned in over 20 years. This is because I am lazy, and love the lighter pull on the clutch and have uprated the engine. This is my first lml, it is true some of the parts are poor copies, but the replacements are not expensive. If your gearbox is OK, the clutch cable properly adjusted, it only leaves the internal clutch cover brass plunger and then the clutch itself. I hope other riders can offer some advice if they have cured the dressed clutch snatch!!!
rob h

Scooter: lml 150 star 2009

Re: Last Run problems and questions

Postby marty r » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:55 pm

I encounter this snatchy clutch problem, usually in 1st gear at pull-away. It is a total mystery.
“If you fight you won’t always win. But if you don’t fight you will always lose” Bob Crow.
marty r

Scooter: GP150
Star 125

Return to General Discussion - Scooter related