Scooter Clubs?

Moderators: ElbowNi, Geezer, NICK, Tony, mikey 69

Scooter Clubs?

Postby Sadvictim » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:10 pm

Is anyone else finding a lot of snobbery towards lml scoots, I've tried to join to local ish scooter clubs and told them what I ride and none have replied or responded via facebook either. Are there any rational people out there that just like scooters, bikes etc anything with 2 or 3 wheels that welcome everyone?
Sadvictim

Scooter: lml 177 2t, star messed carb,filter sip 2 pipe very modded look

Re: Scooter Clubs?

Postby Lusciousthelock » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:13 pm

I've had a ride out with the C90 owners club, which was great fun but generally ride alone as I work silly hours. Whereabouts are you from?
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Postby rob h » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Doesn't matter where u live scooter club politics has been the ruin of friendships, but starts other clubs which are all encompassing. I and many of my friends ride independently, some have been in lammy only clubs, started clubs and been overthrown...ha ha ha! We now ride along with a number of local clubs, no strings attached. Find out where they meet up, turn up, have a chat and see what their like. Google you local ride outs, ours Wednesday nights.
As for the lml thing, I am known locally as a vespa man, ride and build my own. I tell them the frames and engines are made in the same place as for the new vespa, India, under piaggio licence. then vespa are assembled in Italy at twice the price!. That's why lml are now small ports.
Just the same as indian lambretta in the 70s, now most Italian lambretta are nearly all Indian parts. I know because I had them! I tell them I prefer the reed lml engine. I say so your lammy is 100% Italian, and all its parts are over 35 years old! Ask them if the know triggers only fools and horses sketch, his longest use council brush in original condition. It has only had three brush heads, and two shafts and still original.
Also remind them scooterists are individual, riding triumph, zunndapp, classic scooters and without lml another two stroke bites the dust!
rob h

Scooter: lml 150 star 2009

Postby Philos » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:24 am

Yes, I've come across a snobby scooter club. I'm not exactly spoilt for choice where I am so when the only club within 500 miles tells me "sorry we don't accept LML owners as members", no, I'm not ok with that. It's crazy as far as I can see. I looked at a whole bunch of club ride photos they have online and it looks like they need every member they can get.. Not much I can do though. The rules are the rules!
If nothing's going right.. go left.
Philos

Scooter: LML Star Deluxe 150 2T 2005

Postby Mr M » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:46 pm

Never met any snobbery myself . As far as I am concerned doesn't matter one jot if it's made by Geovani or Pradeep still the same piece of stylised tin . :D
Fucked if I know
Mr M

Scooter: Star dlx , 1981 PX , 1979 PX

Return to General Discussion - Scooter related