Quality components

The bits that make your LML go faster and handle better.

Moderators: Geezer, NICK, Tony

Quality components

Postby Lusciousthelock » Mon May 01, 2017 8:51 am

Having recently been knocked off my scooter and still nursing a broken foot/ankle, I've been slowly repairing my 2016 Last run. It's got bit of a rat look theme going on with its matt black side panel and mismatched indicators but is essentially road ready. I've decided to upgrade the cyclinder to a 150cc 5 port (parts on order). I chose the 5 port due to having the larger ported engine and I wanted to be pretty much bolt on, plug and play. Also I'm not really in the condition for a full on rebuild and case match at present since my garage is 5 miles away and I cannot drive currently.

We seem to have very dubious parts supply at the moment unless looking for performance kits. With no genuine 5 ports available, I purchased a cheap cylinder and head from the land of flipflops and some tools to check, tidy up and make good so hopefully have a nice project at home for the next two months until It can be ready to fit. What I am after is a good quality piston and rings to match. Any ideas of what to look for and where to go? I do have a piston coming with my cyclinder but at the price, am somewhat worried about chocolate quality and liqourice rings.
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Re: Quality components

Postby rob h » Mon May 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Beedspeed is my local dealer, sells alleged genuine 5port pistons. Also sells a 150 Vespa sprint piston used for mild tuned. 5 port has larger windows and thin chrome rings, can cope well with the extra revs.
rob h

Scooter: lml 150 star 2009

Postby Lusciousthelock » Wed May 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Cool, that will give me a headstart ty :)
Lusciousthelock

Postby Lusciousthelock » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:53 am

Oh :( I bought a genuine 5-port and then ordered that performance sprint piston from Beadspeed and the bugger doesnt fit. Too small :( Rattles about in the bore grrrr. Lovely looking piston though, but £45 wasted. I do have a matching piston but its not as pretty as the Beedspeed one :evil:
Lusciousthelock

Postby rob h » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Phone up Beedspeed for a credit note or return, may cosy you £5 to post. I have returned good in past no problems.
rob h

Scooter: lml 150 star 2009

Return to LML 2T - Modifications & Performance