Something I'm missing.....

The bits that make your LML go faster and handle better.

Moderators: Geezer, NICK, Tony

Something I'm missing.....

Postby Wayno » Tue May 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Hi guys....

I've got a 66 plate reed valve 125 2t that I've fitted a 150 5 port curry burner to. It has at the moment my sito+ refitted to it. I say refitted because i did have a scorpion fitted a couple of days ago.
I've done all the jets as read mainly on here and tried a few different setting etc. At the moment i have this set up.. 55/160, 160 be5 with a 108 main. Now the acceleration is pretty much spot on I'd say. Reckon I'll be fitting a new clutch at some point, it starts 3rd kick from cold and ticks over very nicely. No lag on the throttle and drops nicely back to idle when revved......
BUT... after reading about my query of top end etc.... I've found that some scoots with my set up are doing 70!...... oh the dream is shattered...... mine will only do 60 and thats at a push... clearly I'm missing something... it also has a drilled original air filter and the under seat filter removed... but still...no 70 to be seen..... was wondering if anyone has any idea's? Admittedly it probably could do with a professional look over/tune... but still....

Cheers in advance...

Wayno
Wayno

Scooter: Lml 125 2t geared

Re: Something I'm missing.....

Postby NICK » Tue May 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Once you've clocked up a couple thousand miles it'll loosen up. Cheers
NICK
Site Admin

Scooter: 2006 LML 150 5 PORT (NON REED).Mint Green

Postby Wayno » Tue May 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Spose so Nick.
It has got only 2500kms on it. I haven't thrashed it that much obviously, the 150 cylinder and piston has done about 600 of those. I'll be a bit more patient lol :twisted:
Wayno

Postby Leigh » Wed May 10, 2017 11:15 am

Hi Wayno,

The 2 ingredients you are probably missing are a SIP Road 2 exhaust and a 22 tooth clutch.

The SIP Road exhaust will let your engine rev out further, so more rev's will mean more speed, and the extra gearing will mean more road speed per rev.

You will still struggle to get to 70 though. I had a very well set up 150 5-port and 65 was more realistic. I now have a Polini 177 top end, which lets it rev out further and I've up-geared again to 22/67 gearing and I don't get much more than 70.

Cheers,

Leigh.
Another fine tip stole from Mick Maidment!!!!
Leigh

Scooter: Vespa PX125 (Polini 177)

Postby rob h » Sat May 13, 2017 8:09 pm

I agree 60 mph is about right, on a good day but 55 more realistic for cruising. Their is a little difference with large ported lml cases poss close to 60 cruising. 24 mm carb well set up can help with a better exhaust, sip road, even a simmonini gives that extra rev power. The only other way is old fashioned, get the electric ring off the flywheel, or have it lightened gives more revs. I ride with lml 5 port owners, on a good day they are close to 60 but cruise 55 mph. I do know exceptions but they have tuned the intake and barrel lightly with excellent results as well as matched carb, exhaust,flywheel. But it is expensive for that extra 10 mph!
rob h

Scooter: lml 150 star 2009

Postby Wayno » Sun May 14, 2017 9:43 am

Cheers guys

She will cruise lovely at 55. Just a bit eager i spose.
I did a a scorpion expansion exhaust on it which made it sound lovely and gave an extra couple of mph. 62 is most I've had for a about 30 secs. The noise was good too. I'll leave it as it is for the summer... maybe!

Cheers for replies

Wayno
Wayno

Postby tipper » Sun May 14, 2017 1:12 pm

55 sounds about right for a 150,mine would hit 60 on the speedo every now and then which is probably 55 in real life.

In fact I did a test,the speeds are in the description - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo-XkWAotlM&t=35s
tipper
Site Admin

Return to LML 2T - Modifications & Performance