Vespatronic good or bad and why

The bits that make your LML go faster and handle better.

Moderators: Geezer, NICK, Tony

Vespatronic good or bad and why

Postby Cherryreds » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:57 pm

As I'm new to this site I'm not sure if what I'm about to ask about has been covered but I've gone back a few pages and couldn't find anything.
I've got a 125 2t which I've stripped to bare cases to fit a 166 mk3 Malossi kit, done all the usual things fitted skf bearings and upgraded the seals and o rings..
crankcase fully ported and matched as per Malossi Instructions , fitted a mazzzucchelli crank and upgraded reedblock .
Fitted Malossi 7 spring clutch with a straight cut 23/64 Malossi up gear kit.
I'm running on a 28mm dellorto manifold and carb. With the new Malossi expansion chamber.
On the last engine I done I fitted a lightened flywheel, and fitted the readspeed zeus as it gave me unrestricted rpm. The scoots still going strong 18 months on as far as I know.
Finally and to my question has anyone fitted any of the vespatronic systems is there anything more to be gained with the dual spark ,lightened flywheel the thing that seems appealing was the variable ignition timing.
I tried to give as much information as I can, but it's feedback on the kit that I'm after.
Many thanks Malcolm
Cherryreds

Scooter: Lml 2t special 166 Malossi uprated 19bhp

Re: Vespatronic good or bad and why

Postby rob h » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:25 pm

I lightened my flywheel and fitted a readspeed small box of tricks which had pre programmed variotronic system, came in three models about £60: works out a lot cheaper and you can suit it to your kit.
rob h

Scooter: lml 150 star 2009

Postby NEIL_HUTCH » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 am

This isn't a flippant question, but what improvement on a standard engine? If it makes a difference it could be worth the £.

For e.g. I did the knowledge in a GTs250 Vespa and the PM power commander thing didn't add MPH, but the pick up through mid range was just that bit better, especially with the scorpion exhaust that Gibson Exhausts took apart and put together properly.
NEIL_HUTCH

Scooter: LML Star 125 65 Reg, GP200 Indian
GP150 Indian
TX4 Silver
always 'In the market'

Postby rob h » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 am

Pretty much the same, i think it was add-on augusta . Helps spark power, cleaner delivery past the dredded flat spot on tuned engines. Not much on top but accelaration was so clean. You will only see a major difference with the 7000 ±rev version on a fully ported and tuned Vespa. I ran a fully tuned 166, extra wide ports metal added had a lag half throttle.
rob h

Scooter: lml 150 star 2009

Return to LML 2T - Modifications & Performance