L plates front and rear

Making your LML stand out in a crowd

Moderators: Geezer, Tony

L plates front and rear

Postby flymo3 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:44 am

Hello

me again! The dealer had to replace my bike in the end (and after 3 weeks waiting for the clutch to be fixed he cannot fix it apparently)
. Get new one delivered tomorrow.

My question is how to fit the L plates on? Front can be stuck on obviously but how does the back one go on. Is it mounted to numberplate somehow??

Also for front I have seen some scooters with rigid L plates to the side of front forks. Is this doable??

Thanks!
Flymo
x
flymo3

Scooter: LML Star 2T 125

Re: L plates front and rear

Postby tipper » Wed May 25, 2016 10:20 am

You can buy mudflaps with L plates on,they are on ebay :)

Thats good of the dealer to swap your scooter,a lot of dealers wouldnt.
tipper
Site Admin

Postby flymo3 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:27 am

thanks Tipper! I ideally need them for tomorrow so might just bodge a 2 quid pack from tesco on until the ebay ones arrive ;-)

Yep its good, he had no choice really though. I wouldn't blow his horn too much tho as he hasn't kept us informed at all! he delivered it unfit for road so...
No sympathy :S

Flymo
x
flymo3

Scooter: LML Star 2T 125

Postby Lusciousthelock » Wed May 25, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm still running mine with the dodgy clutch. Haven't spoken to the dealer at all about it as planning to upgrade soon. after a couple of oil changes it's better but you can't really perform fast hill starts as you almost have to pull away at idle speed to stop the back end skipping and jumping. I love the bloomin thing though!

Not sure if anybody spotted my emergency Facebook post over the weekend about losing all gears? Just something else for the last run owners to check are the gearbox selector cables have actually been clamped at the gearbox end! I got stuck driving home thirty miles in third gear... With a pillion! The holding nuts had been very well greased but never done up, so the cables slipped out and my gear change lever twisted around uselessly.
Who need's brakes? They only slow you down!
Lusciousthelock

Scooter: LML 2t 2016 Milano Red

Return to LML - Customisation & Accessories