tyres

Making your LML stand out in a crowd

Moderators: Geezer, Tony

tyres

Postby Sadvictim » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:58 am

I'm looking for a modern tread pattern for all year round riding what are most folk using, dunlop, michelin, sava(MITAS) or continental. I've got continental whitewall on the front and standard fit lml shite rear and spare.
Sadvictim

Scooter: lml 177 2t, star messed carb,filter sip 2 pipe very modded look

Re: tyres

Postby ricalnic » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:12 am

Continental 365 popular with a few of my fellow club members, Michelin city grip perhaps if you want a slightly less aggressive pattern. Michelin S83 have been eternally popular
you can only ever have two; cheap, reliable, fast
ricalnic

Postby Sadvictim » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:01 am

cheers I'll have a look around.
ricalnic wrote:Continental 365 popular with a few of my fellow club members, Michelin city grip perhaps if you want a slightly less aggressive pattern. Michelin S83 have been eternally popular
Sadvictim

Scooter: lml 177 2t, star messed carb,filter sip 2 pipe very modded look

Postby Robby » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Every so often I see a post about tires.

Is Bridgestone marketed in your country?

I've been running Bridgestone Hoops for several years on my 09 150 2t....now at 15000 miles.
These replaced the Maxxis that it was originally delivered with and they were a fairly good tire.
However, I had run the BS Hoops on other machines with excellent results and have found them to work well on this chassis as well.

Predictable handling (no, I know it isn't a sportbike) good wear characteristics (however I never ride without checking/adding air as required) and, over here, very inexpensive.
My rotation schedule is tread depth based.
New, the tire tread depth measures 8/32 of an inch....at the 4000 mile point the rear tire (I run 40 psi) is at 5/32 and the front is at 7/32. At this time, I rotate front to rear.(I run the front at 20/25 psi)
3000 miles later, the rear is now at 5/32, it goes back to the front and a new tire (the spare) is installed on the rear. At this time I replace the removed rear with a new tire,now mounted as the spare......The basic schedule continues from there.
So, this works out to 7000 miles plus per pair. As long as I don't wreck a tire.....so far, so good.

Although BS may not be your tire of choice, my rotation method may be useful to those going for maximum but safe tire wear.

Rob
Robby

Scooter: 2009 Stella 2t 150
LML Star 2t 150 on your side of the pond.

Postby Mr M » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Don't know if they are still available but I use yokohama profiles stickier than Kerry Caton as gusset :o
Fucked if I know
Mr M

Scooter: Star dlx , 1981 PX , 1979 PX

Return to LML - Customisation & Accessories