Is this a good deal

For special offers, products and services.

Moderators: Geezer, Tony

Forum rules
Strictly only to be used for Special Offers, Products and Services which are specific to LML's (and Vespa's where interchangeable). Members are also invited to submit any similar details of Dealer Offers that they are aware of - or contact the Dealer directly and inform them of this forum.

Is this a good deal

Postby glscoot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:26 am

VESPA LAMBRETTA SCHWALBE WEATHERMAN 350-10 x 3 TYRE DEAL TV SX LI GP PX T5 LML £108, delivered.

Is this a good deal and what are the tyres like.
glscoot
Member
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Scooter: LML star

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby mikey 69 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:35 am

good deal but they are Schawlbe tyres which have known to blow out for no discernible reason
was running them myself until these issues came to light
mikey
mikey 69
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3714
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:42 pm
Location: loughborough
Scooter: LML 150 2011 "Dr Who"

LML 125 4t

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby tipper » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:53 pm

I would steer clear of Schwalbe tyres until the get the de-lamination/EXPLOSION !!!!! Issue sorted.
Image
User avatar
tipper
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7767
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby Ginger Phil » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:41 pm

I wouldn't touch a Shwalbe if they were free!
Ginger Phil
Member
 
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Location: near Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Scooter: 2008 LML 2t

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby glscoot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Neither will I if thats what happens. cheers for the warning. Looking for another tyre instead of the Michelin S83, not the S1 the roads up here are terrible. Looking for something in-between.
glscoot
Member
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Scooter: LML star

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby Tassoman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:01 am

glscoot wrote:Neither will I if thats what happens. cheers for the warning. Looking for another tyre instead of the Michelin S83, not the S1 the roads up here are terrible. Looking for something in-between.

Love Michelin SM100, superb all year round tyre, price and wear. But the city grip is a very close second. ;)
User avatar
Tassoman
Member
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby tipper » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:59 am

Heidenau k47 is the tyre you require.
Image
User avatar
tipper
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7767
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby glscoot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:29 pm

Michelin SM100 v Heidenau k47. I think I am going to go with the Michelin, based on the fact I run S83's and trust the brand. The best deal I have found for the Michelin is, 3 tyres, 3 tubes & delivery just under £120.
Gary
glscoot
Member
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Scooter: LML star

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby Tassoman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:42 pm

glscoot wrote:Michelin SM100 v Heidenau k47. I think I am going to go with the Michelin, based on the fact I run S83's and trust the brand. The best deal I have found for the Michelin is, 3 tyres, 3 tubes & delivery just under £120.
Gary

Could do SM100's n tubes for £100 all in if it helps you.
Would be a few days as to get them in, just checked supplier and they are showing as in stock.
User avatar
Tassoman
Member
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby glscoot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 pm

Tassoman wrote:
glscoot wrote:Michelin SM100 v Heidenau k47. I think I am going to go with the Michelin, based on the fact I run S83's and trust the brand. The best deal I have found for the Michelin is, 3 tyres, 3 tubes & delivery just under £120.
Gary

Could do SM100's n tubes for £100 all in if it helps you.
Would be a few days as to get them in, just checked supplier and they are showing as in stock.


£100 delivered, PM when you have them. Without being cheeky could you throw in one rim, not bothered about paint as long as its straight, will be getting powder coated. Cheers Gary
glscoot
Member
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Scooter: LML star

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby Tassoman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 pm

glscoot wrote:£100 delivered, PM when you have them. Without being cheeky could you throw in one rim, not bothered about paint as long as its straight, will be getting powder coated. Cheers Gary

No prob, should arrive Tuesday will pm to confirm. Have loads of old rims, sure we can send you one. ;)
User avatar
Tassoman
Member
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby nige b » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:34 am

whats the speed rating for sm100,s
good price, seem to be available from 20 quid
nige b
Member
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:01 pm
Location: the west riding
Scooter: lml

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby glscoot » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:07 am

Actually, good point what is the speed rating on these tyres. £20 where from.
glscoot
Member
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Scooter: LML star

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby glscoot » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Just googled the tyre and the speed rating is only 100kmh, so not very good as that translates to 60mph. May need to think again on this tyre.
glscoot
Member
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Scooter: LML star

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby nige b » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:51 pm

19.95 plus post on ebay. also on ebay I think its glagow lambretta have them 62 for 3 delivered
nige b
Member
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:01 pm
Location: the west riding
Scooter: lml

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby glscoot » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:01 pm

nige b wrote:19.95 plus post on ebay. also on ebay I think its glagow lambretta have them 62 for 3 delivered


i think I will go and see them, they are just down the road from me. cheers
glscoot
Member
 
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm
Scooter: LML star

Re: Is this a good deal

Postby Tassoman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:35 pm

glscoot wrote:
nige b wrote:19.95 plus post on ebay. also on ebay I think its glagow lambretta have them 62 for 3 delivered


i think I will go and see them, they are just down the road from me. cheers


Oh :( ok no problem. But thats your tyres arrived in anyway.
User avatar
Tassoman
Member
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:02 pm


Return to LML - Dealer Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron