lights, horn, indicators not working Star 2T

Fixing stuff and replacing bits to keep your LML road worthy.

Moderators: Geezer, NICK, Tony, Laurie

lights, horn, indicators not working Star 2T

Postby brianwar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:27 pm

:cry: Anybody experienced the following; lights, brake lights, horn and indicators not working? Usual LML frustration everything was fine on last ride two weeks ago, holiday then wheeled out yesterday to go for a ride in the sun and nothing worked. Engine starts first kick but no electrics, checked the main fuse which is ok suspect its the LML gremlins in the loom or an earthing problem but wondered if anyone else has experienced and overcome.
brianwar

Scooter: LML 125 2T Star deluxe

Re: lights, horn, indicators not working Star 2T

Postby DapperDan » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:00 pm

I had exactly the same thing happen to me last summer. One day noticed my headlight was coming on only when it felt like it. Then random on/off problems with indicators/rear lights. One day everything basically failed. I couldnt track the problem down to anything specific but had a look under the horncover to find the wiring was in a right sorry state so went over the wires under the headset as well. Same story. I decided to pull the lot out from headset to under horncover and replace with new wiring. Everythings worked perfectly since. Its a bit of a sh1t job if like me you're not too savvy at electrics but well worth it in the end. Those wires get put through a lot of wear over time and you end up with worn through insulation and close to breaking wires all through there. Have a look and see if your wires are just worn out. Sorry but thats the best I can offer. Good luck.
DapperDan

Scooter: lml star 150 2t

Return to LML 2T - Technical, Maintenance & Repair